Sunday, July 24, 2011

4 months...

We're back in New York but I thought I'd post a few pictures from our last days in Arkansas. We can't express how nice it was to be home for such an extended amount of time. We haven't gotten to go home for Christmas in 2 years and if we DO get time to get away and see family, it's never for long. I thought the boys looked pretty cute in this picture. I didn't pose this, by the way.

Sam's doctor told us to fatten him up while we were away...and I think we succeeded. We weighed him and I'm pretty sure he weighed in at about 15 pounds before we left. But wait til you see him now! I'll post some more recent shots soon. I'm just SURE he's 18 or so! HUGE!



While we were in Rogers with Jim and Emily, we wanted to make sure we got all 3 boys in a picture together. The best part of this photo is really what's going on in the mirror in the background....
And the whole clan...


While we were in Fort Smith with my family (and the pool) we had Rachel come down with the girls to help them beat the Arkansas heat.
Audrie practiced all of the skills she was learning in swim class. She was AWESOME at jumping in the pool (as long as someone was there to catch her, of course).
Annie just preferred a simple dunking every once in a while.
I absolutely love watching Jason with kids. Audrie told him he was her best friend. Is it just me or is there really nothing sexier than a man playing with little kids?!
The pool was an absolute saving grace while we were home. It's always one of my favorite parts of visiting Fort Smith. Thanks, Mom and Dad!!!

One of the biggest changes for us here in the city is that Jamie and Rachel and the girls have moved to New York City!! Old news by now but we are still in shock and loving it! Rachel got a job teaching at a charter school up in Washington Heights and we couldn't be prouder of our dear friends for doing this incredibly brave thing! We know how big of a change it is to live here and how scary it can seem. They are living 5 blocks from us and it takes about 5 minutes to walk to their place. We LOVE it!! I hope it's not too selfish to love having them so close to us. The girls seem to be adjusting so well, too!! We all took a trip to Brooklyn this weekend to checkout the Brooklyn Flea Market. Since it was such a long trip on the train, they let the girls walk around a little bit outside of the stroller. Audrie loved the poles (as so many 3-year olds do) to swing and dance around. Annie was just happy to covet this advertisement for Ben and Jerry's ice cream.
Of course I didn't get ANY shots of the Flea Market but it was really cool. Jamie is going to have a booth on August 20 selling his lamps. Let's just hope it's a little cooler than it was this weekend! Whew it was warm!!

No comments: