Saturday, March 19, 2011

Grandparent pictures

The following are all pictures taken with someone else's camera. Both of my parents have been here in the past month and these are some of the shots they got with their camera.

This was taken right as they took Samuel out of the operating room to the nursery to get all cleaned up. So fresh!!

And here we all are leaving the hospital. Notice my camera around my neck. I'm pretty sure I didn't take any more pictures after this moment. I was too busy walking slowly down the hall because of my c-section scar.

Thank goodness my mom was there to take pictures of all the important moments!

Jason's sister, Juli, and her husband Josh were kind enough to help us home in their car. It was so nice to not worry about a cab with all the car seat drama.
This is a present I made for Jason to give to him at the hospital. It's a sling I designed and made especially for him. It's wool pinstripe suit fabric on the outside and a blue plaid shirting fabric on the inside- very manly.
I spent most of my downtime like this once I got home. And our cat, Gypsy, was just so unsure of the new screaming meatloaf we had brought home, she tended to stay close to me to feel safer.
Do all babies look like old men at first?

So after my mom left in February, we had to start talking about when we could get my dad up here to meet Samuel. He came up in mid-march to spend a long weekend meeting his grandson.
We got out and about a lot! Samuel's firsts are very exciting. Baby's first park avenue visit!
I got a sling for me to "wear" Samuel in. He pretty much loves it. I only wear it if I'm going to be out a pretty short time and the stroller really isn't feasible.
Peek-a-boo!!
And Jason can wear it too! Sam really loves it. He just snuggles down and passes out.
Baby's first NYC subway ride! This isn't really his first but oh well. He's definitely used to it.

Our friend, Caroline, had a birthday while my dad was here so we all went down to have brunch with her and a bunch of friends. Samuel was a hit...and fairly well behaved.

We're very grateful that Samuel has met both sets of his grandparents. Love you guys!!

1 comment: