Sunday, August 22, 2010

Has it really been 10 years?!?!

I went home last week for my 10-year high school reunion. I can't believe it has been 10 years!!



It was fun to see a few of my favorite friends from high school. This is Holly (right) and Courtney (middle). Courtney has been my best friend since we were about 12 and Holly lived down the street from me from 5th grade on and we were dear friends as soon as we met in elementary school.
Both are awesome women today and we still keep in touch! On Saturday morning we took a tour of the high school to see all of the changes that have been made since we walked the halls. Courtney and Holly and I made sure to take pictures next to all of the grizzlies (our mascot) on the campus.

On Saturday night there was a banquet downtown in one of the nice hotels. It was a very small turn out but it was still a good time. This is Terry, a friend who has not changed ONE BIT! Neither has Kelsey! And she has a 12 week old. She was always this gorgeous...I promise...

And of course the Cravens twins. This is Jennie. Kate took the picture.

I have to say...the food left something to be desired. This is the "ribeye" steak we were served. I've never had a ribeye smothered in mushroom gravy...have you? Haha!! Hysterical.And some quality time with family was had all weekend. Here's me with my 16-year old brother, Grant. Can you believe he's 16?! He drives and everything. Sometimes I wish he was still wearing diapers.
I don't know how to describe what happened my last night home. I invited a couple of old band geek friends over for some pancakes for dinner (because that's what we did in high school) and one of them actually brought a few people I NEVER hung out with in high school. It was sort of surreal to have them in my house drinking beer with my family. After a while, they noticed we owned "rockband" on Wii and so we all played...for about 2 hours.
The two on the left are 2 guys that never hung out in my circle of friends in high school. We always knew who each other were but we just didn't socialize. I think I had a silly crush on Dustin (baseball cap) since about 3rd grade. But I'm pretty sure every girl in high school did too. Sooo silly.

So that was the trip home. I drove our car down to Arkansas with Valarie, whose parents live in Fayetteville. It was really hard to leave the Blazer. Jason had it when we met and it's been ours for years. We went on our first date in that car, fell in love in that car, moved to Ohio as newlyweds in that car, and moved to New York in that car. We have so many dear memories with it and it will be missed. :(

Now back in NYC in our new apartment, which is slowly but surely coming together, we embarked on a project: making a headboard for our bed.


HEADBOARD!! Our first headboard. And we made it ourselves!! This is the two pieces of plywood bracketed together and covered in foam and batting.
Then we found this awesome Donna Karan fabric that we got WAY on sale and covered the foam and stapled it down. Sew a few buttons on and...VOILA! In one day!


We're pretty proud of it!We should go on one of those design shows! We are a pretty great team.

We are in full baby freak out mode (looking at strollers...counting change...turning off all the lights in the house to save money...the usual) and having fun finding out what people buy for babies in NYC. More on that later...:)

No comments: